Friday, November 11, 2011

Recent works

Having a child is a life change. A cliche but true. My wife has been wonderful to give me the opportunity to work on my hobby. I have to say these last few months have been fantastic. I felt I have accomplished so much more than I have in the last 10 odd years! I also had some motivation as well. A one day tournament held in Edmonton. All this was possible thanks to my wife!

I took a regular space marine list with no special characters :). I tried to theme my army around the Salamander chapter combat doctrine

The List!
HQ
Librarian w. Terminator armour and Storm Shield (Null Zone and Gate of Infinity)

Elites
Dreadnaught w. Multi melta, storm bolter
6 Terminators w. Thunderhammers and Storm Shields

Troops
2x 10 Marines w. Multimeltas and Flamers (in a Rino)
10 Marines w. Lascannon and Meltagun (in a Lasplas Razorback)
10 Marines w. Plasmacannon and Plasmagun

Fast Attack
Landspeeder Typhoon w. heavy bolter
Landspeeder w. Multimelta and Hvy Flamer

Heavy Support
2x Vindicators w. Siege shields

The tournament was good. I would have to say, I had some bad luck coupled with some bad tactical choices. You live and learn. I would defiantly take this army again, the Plamsacannon Squad did better than I expected and so did my vindicators. But my Terminators did not. I really rolled poorly for their armour save and they preformed poorly in combat against event the most basic troops. Oh well, I was thinking of converting up a squad of Sternguard to add to this army to swap them with.

Currently for this army I have a Rino, Devastator squad, Drop pod, Ironclad Dreadnaught, and Predator tank to finish.

On another note....
I have finally found a list I like for the Eldar. I have made the commitment to have them painted up as Biel-Tan. It may-be my fascination with the colour green :). And you heard it right. I had them painted for me, to give me something to work with, it was too daunting for me to start working on them. The friend that painted it for me did a wonderful job! Thank you!

Now I have an Eldar army for gothic, Epic, and 40K :)

No comments:

Post a Comment